Green Gram Sprouts commonly knowns as “Moong dal sprouts” or “Moot” is a very good source of protein, vitamins and minerals ( like thiamin,vitamin B6,magnesium,phosphorus , niacin,potassium etc). Because of its high nutrition values it is useful for hair fall control. Green Gram Sprouts contain extremely low saturated fat and sodium ,therefore it is also considered as a weight loss diet.
HOW TO MAKE MOONG DAL SPROUTS
- Wash the moong dal (whole green gram) 3 times and soak it in minimum water in the morning or before 8 hours of cooking.
- After an interval of 4 to 6 hours when you see the dal is completely soak, drain the remaining water from it and cover it with clean cloth or you can also put it in an air tight container.
- After 3 hours remove the cloth from the dal, you will see the sprouts are out from the dal.
SPROUTS MOONG IN SALAD — GREEN GRAM SPROUTS SALAD
- Add one cup of water in 250gm of pulse and cover it with a lid , cook it for 7 to 10 mins.
- You can also use a pressure cooker ,cook it till it get pressure in it that is turn off the gas before the first whistle.
- Don’t over boil it , drain the excess water in a pan or glass. ( you can drink water as it is or by adding salt in it as it is highly nutritious and rich in protein and of course it does taste bad!!!)
- You can eat boil sprouts after adding salt and pepper in it.
- To enhance the taste , you can put one teaspoon of oil in a non stick pan and add sprouts in it . Salute it for 2 to 3mins.Turn off the gas.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper in the sprouts.
- Garnish it in serving bowl with onion ,coriander,tomato and lemon. (as i have done see the picture)
GREEN GRAM SPROUTS RECIPE
- Take 3 teaspoon oil in a pan
- Add slices of one medium size onions and 3 green chillies in the oil.
- Salute it get light golden brown
- Put the Spouts (raw sprouts not boil one) in it with half teaspoon of turmeric and salt.
- Once the water get dry, add tomato in sprouts and cover the lid of the pan.
- Cook for 3 to 5 mins and then turns off the gas.
The delicious as well as healthy snack is ready. If you like sore mouth-watering snack then add few drops of lemon juice in it. Serve it hot. Eat directly or mix it with Pohe. Green Gram or moong dal sprouts during pregnancy boosts body with extra energy and increase the stamina.