My friend you might be wondering why i have used the word healthy in the my title for a simple recipe of fish tikka when most of the recipe i have share in this blog are healthy itself. The reason behind is that Fish is called the “healthiest food“ in the planet and specially when it is cook with only 1 teaspoon of oil. Fish is highly rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is mainly needed for the functioning of body and brain. Apart from omega 3, it also a good source of vitamin D and protein. I have made it in a very simple manner as to preserve all the vitamin and minerals.
If you re among those who is thinking right now how to bake fish without oven , then the answer is using your using your griddle or a normal pan which you use for frying or skewer. The recipe will be same but you have to grease the pan instead of a tray before putting the pan on fire, then add the marinated fish and cover it with a tight lid. Cook for 5 to 6 mins on medium flame and the turns the side of the fish and again cook for the same time.
- Fish fillets – 400 gm
- Black pepper – 2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste -1/2 tablespoon
- cumin powder -1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder (preferably Kashmiri chill) – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
- oil – 2 teaspoon (for greasing )
TANDOORI FISH RECIPE
- Wash ,clean and cut the fillets into medium size pieces.
- In a bowl prepare marination for the fish by adding red chili powder, black pepper, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, corn flour, salt (as per your taste), mix them with help of lemon juice.
- Apply the marination over the fish fillets.
- Keep the marination over 30 min or more if you had a time as per your choice and convenient. As it if help to observe the marination into the pieces of the fish. (but if you keep it for a very long time like a whole day or night then just reduce the cooking time according since the fish becomes automatically). Likewise if don’t have the time you can make it instantaneously .
- Preheat the oven at 180° F (i.e 360° C) And grease the baking tray with little oil.
- Place the marinated fishes fillets in the baking tray and brush it with some oil.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 10 mins, you can see the top side become crispy then remove tray out and turn the fish fillets upside down and place it again in the oven for another 10 mins so that side can also get cooked.
- (Give a special care while removing the tray and turning the fish as at this point both the oven and fish is in very HOT state., if in 10 mins you still see some water near the fillets the don’t remove the tray and let it for another 2 to 3 mins or till the water is absorb since as cooking time vary with respect to the type of oven)
Crispy and healthy tandoori Fish is ready, isn’t it a easy bake fish recipe? Give a try to this recipe and find it out by yourself. I m sure you will be amazed with this simple as well as healthy recipe for fish fillets.
In this recipe i am using white fish fillets but you can use any type of fresh or frozen fish fillets!!